· Prepare concept and detailed civil drawings.
· Review all civil design works done by external parties, review work methods and calculations.
· Preparation of planning approval documents to the appropriate Nigerian authorities. (NPA, NEPZA and DPR).
· Assist in the preparation of Tender and Contract documents.
· Approving and signing off sections of civil work done which complies with the specifications and standards.
· Monitoring construction activities and reporting on whether quality control measures are being adhered to.
· Identify potential risks/problems before they occur.
· Identify and solve issues/problems should they occur.
· Carry out final inspections on civil work completed.
· Attending site design & technical meetings.
· Any other responsibility that may be assigned by your line manager.
Employee Relations Management
· Train and develop employees in understanding policies and procedures.
· Assist and offer advice/guidance on individual employee relations cases within department ensuring they meet the requirements of company policies.
· Promote staff morale and workplace safety in accordance with IMS policies.
· Reporting of all incidents in line with set SHEQ and Security procedures.
· Ensure the highest standards of quality and customer care are achieved.
SHEQ and Security Responsibilities
· Ensure all work is performed in line with HSE and Security policies, procedures and standards.
· Ensure all SHEQ legislations are adhered to.
· Reporting of all incidents in line with set of HSE and Security procedures.
· You shall have the authority to report all HSE related unsafe act and conditions to your supervisor and/or SHEQ department.
· Participate in all safety related activities within the Company, including and not limited to daily toolbox talks and HSEQ meetings.
All employees of the Company are to comply:
· with all QMS/HSEMS Corporate policies and Procedures.
· to the use of approved electronic documents.
· to the established access permissions and risk management policies set by the management.
· with statutory, regulatory and legal requirements associated with duties.
· failure to comply may lead to disciplinary actions including termination.
Risk and Opportunities
· Identify Risks and provide treatment plans for them.
· Seek for and identify opportunities that can be exploited by the organization.
· Report Risks and opportunities in line with the Company risk management Manual.
· The Employee may also be required to perform duties not directly related to their area of experience or expertise, in which case proper instruction will be provided by the Company.
· Ensure that the highest ethical standards are maintained in all activities;
· Conduct himself in a dignified and respectful manner that reflects well on the Employer and also sets an example for the other employees.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
· Basic communication skill
· Knowledge of engineering best practice.
· Command of the English language including grammar, spelling and punctuation.
· Computer literate to include word processing, data management and email correspondence.
· Sound organisational skills, with the ability to prioritize and react at short notice.
· Ability to form successful relationships, working with all levels of the organization.
· Ability to work flexibly and under own initiative to achieve objectives.
· The resilience to deal with periods of work pressure and diplomacy to deal with difficult employees, customers, contactors and others during their duties.
· Reliable, with the ability to maintain high levels of service.
· Motivated with the ability to effectively work on own initiative.
· Physical fitness and mental agility to successful function for an extended period if required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: ₦300,000.00 per month
All staff are required to wear masks, practise social distancing as required and wash hands/use sanitiser.
- Do you have a university bachelor’s degree, minimum 2:2, in Engineering?
- Do you have membership of any professional institutions? If so, please state which ones.
- Do you have knowledge of safety or ISO certification?
- Engineering Consultancy or Engineering Construction: 10 years (Required)