Industry: Manufacturing – Masterbatch/Chemical/Plastic
- Coordinating the maintenance team and assigning work areas to them.
- Ensuring there is no breakdowns or disturbances in the production processes and focusing on areas like cost reduction and improving overall productivity and efficiency.
- Utility improvement implementation and 5s implementation
- Maintain the Utilities like Chiller, Dryer, Cooling tower, Generator and Compressor.
- Develop maintenance schedules and enforce them amongst the maintenance team.
- Carried out troubleshooting of problem areas and create a clear plan of action for fixing necessary parts.
- Create and implement measures to minimize breakdowns and repairs (performing qualities checks of all machines, tools, equipment etc.)
- Ensuring that the machinery and equipment are being used to full capacity and that production is optimum.
- Plan prevent maintenance and service activities in a way that it does not hamper the production process.
- Conducting regular routine inspections and ensuring the upkeep and functionality of all the production machines and auxiliary tools and repair of breakdown machinery in the factory in a cost effective manner.
- Ensure that safety norms and regulations are adhered to.
- Enduring the proper working of all electrical equipment and systems in the factory
- Keeping records of all service maintenance and refurbishing works carried out on the machinery and especially calibration certification records of all the machine as and when due.
- Placing orders for spare parts and equipment for replacement and ascertaining the proper documentation of the same.
- Authorizing material request for service or repair work on machinery.
- Managing time-lines and work priorities and allocating resources to meet the assigned factory time-lines and goals.
- Prepared Shift, weekly and Monthly report and direct the work of all employees in the maintenance unit
- Oversee the care and management of all the company’s physical assets and facilities in the factory.
- Reviewing the performance of all staff within your department and identifying training necessities for them
- Maintain maintenance records and especially calibration certificates/records periodically as and when due.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Management
- Prepare daily machine performance report, Monthly expenses report
- Twin screw extruders
- Injection molding machine
- Kneader machine
- High speed mixers, DFC and under water pelletizer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Electrical Engineering
- Professional qualification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ work experience in masterbatch and compounding machinery industry.
- Should have both Electrical and Mechanical knowledge of Maintenance of Masterbatch.
- Good Experience in machine and repairs
- Excellent knowledge of production, maintenance, troubleshooting, hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical panel boards and PLC
- Must possess a high level of emotional intelligence and managerial skill particularly planning, organizing, and controlling etc.
- Excellent skills of root cause analysis, solving production and quality problems
- Analysis of machine breakdowns and poor performance of machines
- Emergency maintenance, preventive maintenance planning, utilize maximum efficiency of machines.
- Technical expertise solving machine design problems, modification of machinery, develop new products, erection and commission of new machines, modification of Mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical circuits.
- Good expertise of team supervision, minimization of down time and ensure proper maintenance of all company machinery.
- Motivate team members and documentation
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good time management and planning skills
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Good Technical Skills
- Computer Skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Leadership, effective time management.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Abeokuta: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)