About the job
Onebrief makes military planning seamless and represents a shift in paradigm for future military decisions. It is an all-in-one tool that supports both the creative and process-oriented aspects of military planning. In Onebrief, planners use maps, boards, diagrams, timelines, tables, slide decks and text documents to create their plans—all while sharing a common database. Everything stays in sync, in real time. Our approach has been refined and validated through hundreds of user experiments.
We’re post-revenue ($5M+ in ARR), and our customers include some of the most prestigious military commands around the world. We are backed by Y Combinator (S21) and top-tier VCs, including Caffeinated Capital (Affirm, Docker, Notion, and more). Our elite team combines the best of tech and military talent, including education and experience at Google, Facebook, Twitter, Adobe, MIT, Harvard, Rivian, Delta Force, TOPGUN, and more.
We have a big year ahead of us and can barely keep up with demand. This is an opportunity for you to join us with all the perks of an early employee.
What you will achieve
As our first Machine Learning/AI Engineer, you will be pivotal in shaping and developing our AI infrastructure. This role grants you a unique opportunity to take ownership, apply your knowledge, and make your mark on our company’s future direction. With a high degree of autonomy, you will be implementing and refining cutting-edge AI/ML solutions with directly impact on our product’s success.
This is an opportunity for candidates with hands-on experience evaluating, fine-tuning, training, and productionalizing modern algorithms and open-source machine learning models. Above all, for ambitious individuals who are ready to embrace the challenges and rewards of being the pioneering ML/AI engineer in a rapidly growing startup.
The ideal candidate is a pragmatic individual with a strong formal background in Machine Learning/AI and a bias towards action.
This is a strategic and high-impact role. You will report directly to Rafa, our CTO.
Core skills: Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Python, TensorFlow/PyTorch, Data Analysis, Statistical Modeling, Natural Language Processing, Systems Architecture, SQL/NoSQL Databases, Git Version Control
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field; Master’s or Ph.D. is a plus
- 3+ years of practical experience in developing and implementing Machine Learning/AI models in a professional setting
- Proven experience with open-source ML frameworks (like TensorFlow, PyTorch, or similar)
- You are naturally inclined to apply a design thinking approach to problem solving, and iteratively seek to understand your users, challenge assumptions, redefine problems and create innovative solutions which you can prototype and test
- Most importantly, you are a true Onebriefer:
- You are obsessed with creating value for real users
- You are ambitious, scrappy, and a creative problem-solver
- You learn quickly, work iteratively, and naturally seek collaboration
- You approach your work with integrity, intellectual honesty, and a low ego
- You communicate frankly, clearly, and succinctly
- You thrive as a self-starter, embracing autonomy and ambiguity
- You are a U.S. citizen
Our team shares a mission, seeks excellence, and plays to win, with the seriousness and camaraderie of an olympic team. We are in this together, not just because Onebrief will one day be 10x the size of Palantir. We are here to radically improve the future of military decisions, so that the coming decades don’t repeat the previous ones.
Here’s what our team members value most about working here:
- Founders’ transparency
- Product and vision
- Nimble leadership
- Challenges and learning opportunities
- Ownership and autonomy
- No non-sense policies and procedures
What’s in it for you
- [SALARY] salary/year
- Remote work, flex time, and unlimited PTO
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Parental leave
Compensation Range: $170K – $250K