About the job
What You’ll Do: The Senior Test Automation Engineer designs, architects, codes, and develops automated tests while maintaining test automation frameworks, tooling, and test automation infrastructure. Being an expert at a system level, this position is collaborative and influential across our Agile team, working closely with Development, DevOps, and Product teams to automate testing, optimize our tooling, and ensure test suites are robust and reusable. The Senior Test Automation Engineer defines performance KPIs, develops automated performance tests, and performs analysis to improve the performance of the system and the overall quality of what we deliver.
- Collaborate with Agile teams from the start of a sprint to deliver best-in-class technical solutions
- Define testing strategies at a system level and develop tools to execute and automate tests
- Identify defect-prone areas in product and platform architecture and design and provide test coverage
- Contribute to our growing test automation framework and infrastructure, and automate UI and API tests
- Design and implement tools and techniques supporting robust automation for web applications and utilize automation for deployment and running test suites
- Provide technical guidance as a senior member of the team on test automation and quality engineering practices
- Continuously learn production traffic patterns and optimize testing processes
- Monitor automation processes and follow up on results/defects
- Write and/or modify SQL queries to perform database validations
- Design, implement, and execute performance tests
- Partner with DevOps and other teams to mature our Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines
- Produce documentation for automated frameworks and cross-train others
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or similar (or equivalent experience)
- Strong ability to create and design test automation and test automation infrastructure – 4-6+ years in a Software Development, Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) or Automation Engineer capacity ideal
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to write automated test scripts to verify data structures, data formats and data values
- Demonstrated ability to create and execute SQL queries
- DevOps mindset with a firm understanding of CI/CD practices and tooling
- Strong ability to maintain code repositories with Git/GitLab or similar
- Firm understanding of public cloud platforms, such as Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with some of the following nice-to-have: Appium, Snowflake, AppDynamics, JMeter/Blazemeter
- Experience in a SaaS, B2B, online payments, software or product-centric business preferred
Target Base Compensation: $104,000.00 – $125,000.00 + (bonus offered in addition to base compensation)Please note that the compensation information is a good faith estimate and is provided pursuant to Equal Pay Laws. Billtrust intends to offer the selected candidate base pay dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience. Our Talent Acquisition team will provide more information about the total compensation package for this position during the interview process.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Billtrust, we celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. So, if your experience aligns but doesn’t exactly match each and every qualification, apply anyway. You may be exactly what we are looking for!
What You’ll Get:
- Work from Anywhere: Our state of the art office, your home, a company paid WeWork…. you decide!
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions – big and small – each and every day.
- Flexible Working Hours: We support your lifestyle- the results are what count.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Sabbatical: A paid leave to reward longevity and commitment to Billtrust.
- Paid Parental Leave: To promote parent-child bonding and increase gender equity at home and in the workplace.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. Join one of our seven ERGs or participate in our Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs- we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Founders Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, and life, cancer, and AD&D insurance.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
Who We Are:
Billtrust is a leading provider of cloud-based software and integrated payment processing solutions that simplify and automate B2B commerce. Accounts receivable is broken and relies on conventional processes that are outdated, inefficient, manual and largely paper based. Billtrust is at the forefront of the digital transformation of AR, providing mission-critical solutions that span credit decisioning and monitoring, online ordering, invoice delivery, payments and remittance capture, invoicing, cash application and collections. Our platform has processed $1 trillion+ invoice dollars and we have seen 28% year-over-year software & payments revenue growth (2021). With more than 2,400 customers, we have helped companies like GlobalTranz, United Rentals, Acushnet and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For more than 20 years, we have achieved remarkable success and we attribute our growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas – even with our CEO – and to challenge the status quo every day.