Are you a seasoned software tester looking to take your career to the next level? Have you always been interested in automation and want to lead a team of talented engineers in implementing automated testing solutions? If so, then the Lead QE Automation Engineer role at GSPANN may be just what you’re looking for! In this blog post, we’ll discuss the skills and experience required for this exciting position and how you can prepare yourself for success. So buckle up and get ready to learn what it takes to become a leader in automation testing with GSPANN.
Overview of the Position
As a Lead QE Automation Engineer at GSPANN, you will be responsible for leading a team of quality assurance engineers in developing and executing test plans to ensure the quality of our products. In addition to strong technical skills, you will need to have excellent communication and organizational skills to lead your team effectively.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least 5 years of experience in software quality assurance, with at least 2 years of experience in leading a team. You should have experience in various types of testing, including functional, regression, load, and performance testing. Experience with automated testing tools is also required.
If you have the necessary skills and experience, we encourage you to apply for this position!
Skills and Experience Required for a Lead QE Automation Engineer Role
As a Lead QE Automation Engineer at GSPANN, you will need to have a strong technical background in Quality Assurance and Test Automation. You should also have experience leading and mentoring a team of QE Engineers. In addition, you will need to be able to work closely with Development and Product Management teams to ensure the quality of our products.
The key skills and experience required for this role are:
– Strong technical background in Quality Assurance and Test Automation
– Experience leading and mentoring a team of QE Engineers
– Ability to work closely with Development and Product Management teams
– Strong communication skills
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and develop test automation framework using behavior and test-driven development (BDD, TDD) approaches with Java, Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber, Appium, and API tools.
- Design, develop, execute, maintain test cases and automate them for web, mobile, and API applications across different platform offerings.
- Establish testing as an integral part of the development process within cross-functional teams. Develop maintainable automated checks in collaboration with our development teams.
- Proactively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage for automation. Detect and report defects and continuously follow-up to ensure that all issues are closed.
- Assess and bring continuous improvements to the overall quality of testing.
- Work closely with the development team to debug any issue.
- Participate in scrum calls with the customers and internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to POC (proof-of-concept) on upcoming toolsets.
- Conduct RCA (root-cause analysis) for production defects and improve test assets.
- Work on refactoring the existing framework as per requirement.
Technical Knowledge and Skills Needed for This Role
A lead QE automation engineer at GSPANN is responsible for developing and maintaining test automation frameworks and tools, as well as providing guidance and mentorship to other team members. In order to be successful in this role, one must have strong technical knowledge and skills in various areas, including:
– Test automation tools: Selenium, WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, etc.
– CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, etc.
– Linux operating system
– Database technologies: MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, etc.
Qualifications that Set You Apart from Other Candidates
When it comes to qualifications that set you apart from other candidates for a lead QE automation engineer role at GSPANN, there are several key things to keep in mind. Firstly, you should have a strong technical background and be able to demonstrate your expertise in automated testing tools and methodologies. Secondly, you should have experience leading and managing a team of testers, as well as experience working in an Agile environment. Finally, it is also beneficial to have prior experience working with the GSPANN products and solutions. If you can tick all of these boxes, then you will be well on your way to impressing the hiring manager and landing the role.
Skills and Experience
- Expertise in Automation Testing of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) models, test methodology, requirement comprehension, test planning, test preparation, test-bed setup, test execution, test report generation, risk mitigation, effort estimation, schedule tracking with sign-off accompanying release notes.
- Prior experience in designing automation frameworks from scratch or work on an existing one.
- Thorough understanding of Sprint Planning, Sprint Execution, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retro. Should be responsible to drive sprints or release to closure.
- Hands-on experience in automation testing using Selenium along with Java.
- Prior experience in data structure algorithms, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Good knowledge of behavior-driven development frameworks, like Cucumber.
- Well-versed with Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in user acceptance testing.
- Should be excellent in writing functional and technical documentation.
- Must have strong analytical skills and should be detail-oriented.
- Good communication, interpersonal, presentation, and problem-solving skills.
Benefits of Working at GSPANN as a Lead QE Automation Engineer
As a Lead QE Automation Engineer at GSPANN, you will be responsible for leading a team of quality assurance engineers and testers in developing and executing test plans to ensure the quality of our products. In addition to your leadership role, you will also be responsible for developing and maintaining automated testing scripts and tools.
The benefits of working at GSPANN as a Lead QE Automation Engineer include:
-Leading a team of quality assurance engineers and testers
-Developing and executing test plans
-Developing and maintaining automated testing scripts and tools
-Ensuring the quality of our products
How to Apply for the Role
Qualified lead QE automation engineers at GSPANN should have a strong working knowledge of both software development and quality assurance methodologies. They should also be able to show evidence of leading successful projects utilizing test automation frameworks and tools. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with other teams in order to deliver high-quality software products.
To apply for this role, please submit your resume and cover letter through our online application portal. Your resume should highlight your relevant experience and skillset, and your cover letter should briefly describe your interest in the position and why you believe you would be a good fit for the role.
Demonstrating the right skills and experience is essential for any candidate who wants to become a Lead QE Automation Engineer at GSPANN. The role involves deep technical knowledge as well as strong leadership qualities and an appreciation of quality assurance processes, all of which are necessary to successfully meet the demands of the position. With these requirements in mind, we hope that this article has given you a better understanding of what it takes to excel in such a role and provided some insight into how you can prepare yourself for success if you decide to pursue it.