At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Enterprise AI Center (BEAC) is seeking a Software Manager – Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning who will be responsible creation of best-in-class models and ensembles that can be re-purposed and reused across the enterprise. The successful candidate will be building out and leading highly-motivated AI/ML software development teams that include AI/ML re-usable models → Building Blocks and work with internal model/network developers, university engagements, industry expert, to develop the most needed and best-in-class offerings for the enterprise needs.
This position can be located in the following locations; Huntington Beach, California, El Segundo, California, Long Beach, California, Hazelwood, Missouri, Berkeley, Missouri, Herndon, Virginia, Fairfax, Virginia, Arlington, Virginia, Chicago, Illinois, or Charleston, South Carolina.
As part of Boeing’s software organization, our engineers use their expertise to dream up next-generation software capabilities for amazing aerospace, satellite, and autonomous platforms. You will collaborate with other world-class scientists, researchers, and engineers innovating on a range of technologies including: Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AI/ML), Advanced Training & Simulation, Production Analytics, Autonomy, Electro-Optical/Infrared Sensing, Cybersecurity, Disruptive Computing & Networks, and much more.
Our software products help solve Boeing’s most challenging problems across Commercial Airplanes, Defense Space & Security, and Global Services businesses. Projects can range from new cyber security solutions for the revolutionary 787 Dreamliner to innovative aircraft, creating virtual avionics development test environments across several commercial, defense, satellite, and space platforms, satellite payload technologies, and autonomy.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners and defense, space and security systems. Here, you’ll work alongside more than 170,000 exceptional people focused on bringing great products and services to market. Located in more than 70 countries, Boeing is comprised of one of the most diverse, talented, and innovative workforces you will find anywhere. More than 140,000 of our people hold degrees from approximately 2,700 colleges and universities worldwide. Their expertise and knowledge represent virtually every business and technical field. By building a career at Boeing, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your skills, create relationships around the world and help shape the future of aerospace.
- Leads a team performing software engineering and technical activities in the area of AI/ML re-usable models. 15-20 direct reports
- Serve as the software point of contact for AI Factory
- Responsible for development of cognitive atoms/molecules, covering classification, prediction, fusion, decision making, and generative models and ensembles
- Coordinate with stakeholders to understand the needs and requirements
- Interfacing to business leadership and program management
- Oversee all projects simultaneously, tracking and guiding to complete on time and within budget
- Lead software and AI engineers through the full lifecycle of software development, from modeling and simulation to testing and analysis
- Recruit, hire, mentor, and manage teams of software developers, fostering their career growth and building a strong team culture based on inclusion, innovation, and respect
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission and motivate the team to achieve common objectives through effective teamwork
- Collaborate with customers and other leaders to clearly define expectations and deliver exceptional solutions
- Drive innovation by looking beyond current practices and utilizing creative thinking to discover new opportunities and solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to inform and implement the company’s technology strategy, with a special focus on execution and timely delivery
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 7 years of experience in software development
- 3 years of experience in a leadership position
- 1 years of experience in classification, prediction, fusion, decision making, or generative models
- 1 years of experience with agile software development
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in a management position
- 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: applied machine learning, recommendation systems, pattern recognition, data mining, artificial intelligence, data analytics, or Autonomy
- 1 years of experience with commercial cloud computing such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with developing and debugging in Python, Java, C/C or equivalent programming languages
- Experience with DataOps, MLOps
- Experience in supervised and unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, planning, sequential decision making, and perception
Relocation: This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift: This position is for 1st shift.
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 141,950 – 192,050
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Export Control Details: US based job, US Person required
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
About the Company:
At Boeing, you can build something better for yourself, our customers, and the world. Here you can transform aerospace and make history. And you’ll work alongside other experts and visionaries who lead and inspire. Our workforce includes every profession and career path you can imagine, taking you as far as you can dream.
Company Size: 10,000 employees or more
Industry: Aerospace and Defense