The Security Test Engineer will be responsible for analyzing software designs and implementations from a security perspective and identifying and resolving security issues. This will include using appropriate security analysis, defences and countermeasures at each phase of the software development lifecycle, to result in robust and reliable software. The incumbent of the role will also be responsible for building digital security protocols, operating a cyber security system and maintaining an IT security infrastructure for the organization.
- Implement, test and operate advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture
- Perform on-going security testing and code review to improve software security
- Troubleshoot and debug issues that arise
- Provide engineering designs for new software solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Contribute to all levels of the architecture
- Maintain technical documentation
- Consult team members on secure coding practices
- Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
- Develop, execute and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
- Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
- Identify, define and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management
- Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
- Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
- Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
- Plan, develop, implement and update company’s information security strategy.
- Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
Requirements and skills
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- 2-5 years proven work experience as a software security engineer or related roles
- Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Interest in all aspects of security research and development
- Proven experience developing, operating and maintaining security systems
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems