Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Evaluate inbound M&A opportunities and proactively reach out to potential targets.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on execution of live M&A projects.
- Perform analyses to support Remote’s expansion into new products and markets globally.
- Perform ad hoc strategic projects that are critical to Remote’s growth.
- Support the Strategic Finance team with the annual and long-term corporate model.
- Manage reporting and other ad hoc requests for investors and internal stakeholders.
- Support in the execution of equity and debt capital raising, including preparation of materials, coordinating internal and external stakeholders, facilitating the due diligence process and ultimately closing the transaction.
What you bring
- Relevant work experience – investment banking, private equity, consulting, high-growth start-up, or public tech company.
- Expert modelling skills, including prior buildout of full company operating model & long-term plan.
- Successfully closing an M&A transaction or an equity/debt capital raising in a corporate role or as an advisor.
- A proven ability to build strong and collaborative working relationships with business partners at all levels of the organization.
- A self-starter mentality and the ability to thrive in an unstructured and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- It’s not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- Write and speak fluent English.
- You’ll report to: Senior Manager, Corporate Finance
- Team: Finance
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote’s Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is $72,800.00 to $92,000.00 plus eligibility for equity. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. Currently in the U.S. this includes: 401(k) plan + employer match, flexible paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans. Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
Roughly 5 hours across 6 weeks
- Interview with Senior Manager, Corporate Finance
- (async) Practical Excel modelling assessment project
- (async) Project Review
- Project Presentation to VP of Finance & Strategy; Manager, Corporate Finance; Senior Manager, Corporate Finance
- Prior employment verification check(s)
Our full benefits & perks are explained in our handbook at remote.com/r/benefits. As a global company, each country works differently, but some benefits/perks are for all Remoters:
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.
Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org