Location: Newbury + Hybrid*
Salary: Excellent basic salary plus bonus and Vodafone benefits
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week – Mon to Fri
At Vodafone UK we believe that through collaboration and connection we can achieve great things. Our hybrid working approach allows our people to work both in the office and at home, providing the flexibility and resources you need to succeed in your role. Our “Office in a Box” home working kit will provide you with everything you need, no matter where you are.
Who We Are
We’re a global technology communications company that empowers people and businesses to stay connected and thrive in a digital world. With a focus on innovation, sustainability and earning customer loyalty, we leverage cutting-edge technology to offer products and services that enhance communication and improve lives.
At Vodafone UK, diversity isn’t just a buzzword, it is core to who we are as a company. We’re proud to be certified as a Great Place to Work and are committed to driving inclusion for all; creating a workplace that is fully representative of the communities and customers we serve.
Join our Vodafone UK Networks team, where we’re continually building and enhancing our network, connecting millions of people and businesses across the country. Be part of the team that makes it all happen – simplifying, automating, and bringing better connectivity than ever before, with giga-fast speed, to our customers.
What you’ll do
Our Data Core Authority will drive the operational excellence of Data services and the successful deployment of strategically critical related projects.
You will be working at the epicentre of mobile technology, this role within the second line Packet Core support team delivers operational excellence for Mobile Data services.
This critical role offers opportunities to develop further within 5G SA, EPC, Cloud and Automation, Network Function Virtualisation, Containerisation, CI-CD pipelines while using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- You will be serving as the key technical focal point for major project and program activities that ensures solutions meet operational requirements and standards.
- You will provide advice and support within the defined sphere of Packet Core and IMS expertise
- You will be responsible for maintaining the domain infrastructure throughout its lifecycle in order to ensure Services are delivered at the required level of availability and performance through pro-active service assurance.
- You will drive resolution of high profile escalated and complex customer issues to minimise outage durations.
- You will own and manage relationships with suppliers and key internal stakeholders in order to achieve SLAs and improve network KPIs, drive the service availability towards 99.99% or greater.
- You will be expected to deputise for your manager and act as a point of contact for Customer impacting service issues where it is necessary to make business critical decisions regarding operational support, delivery, maintenance and stability for packet data services.
- You will be responsible for Mission Critical systems including GGSN, SGSN, SPGW, MME, Diameter Gateway, PCRF, PCEF, RADIUS and Access Control Filters as examples.
Who you are
- You will have excellent knowledge of Packet Core systems, standards and call flows.
- You will have a good understanding of packet switched network (including Routing & Switching, TCP/IP, BGP, HTTP, Diameter, MPLS, Radius & GTP protocols).
- You will showcase good knowledge of Mobile Networks and Linux/Unix Server administration.
- You will demonstrate working knowledge of Wireshark Network Protocol Analyzer.
- You will ideally good understanding of network security (IPSec, firewall).
- You will have experience and the ability to deliver multiple complex projects.
- You will have an appreciation of troubleshooting methodologies & show an ability to logically analyse statistical data.
- You will possess a growth mindset and can be self-motivated to strive to be the very best in your area of expertise.
Worried that you don’t meet all the desired criteria exactly? At Vodafone we are passionate about Inclusion for All and creating a workplace where everyone can thrive, whatever their personal or professional background. If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align exactly with every part of the job description, we encourage you to apply as you may be the right candidate for this role or another role, and our recruitment team can help you see how your skills fit in.
What we offer
We believe that taking care of our employees is the key to their success. That is why we offer an excellent remuneration and bonus package with up to 28 days holiday entitlement, in addition to bank holidays and paid leave for charity projects. We offer an extensive benefits package that can be tailored to suit you and your family, including employee discounts, retail vouchers, pension plan and share schemes. We take pride in our commitment to supporting you at every stage of your career by providing top of the range learning and development tools, market leading parental leave policies and an innovative Reconnect programme for people who have taken a career break.
Together we can
Vodafone UK are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and all offers of employment for this role are subject to background checks, including criminal (DBS) and financial checks to meet the regulators standards.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or have an accessibility request as part of your recruitment journey, for example, extended time or breaks in between online assessments, a sign language interpreter, or assistive technology, please refer to the Accessibility section of our Careers website (https://careers.vodafone.com/uk/applying-to-vodafone/) for guidance.